|

Net worth

I don’t include them in my net worth, but I have some expensive antiques, collectibles and large, rich Persian rugs. 

Save 15% plus free shipping on Wiley 2017 and 2018 courses before August 31. Bite-Sized Lessons, Video Lectures, Mocks, & More.

ohai wrote:
What if you steal someone’s credit card and social security, and take out a loan in that person’s name while putting the cash assets in your balance sheet?

Technically, that’s known as profit.

Debit Cash, credit Retained Earnings.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

This thread makes me feel bad

Any other HNW kids loving this rally? Rippin higher…

THIS GUY! :)

http://retireby40.org/losing-weight-not-like-building-wealth/

i love how he tracked his net worth. i did the same thing when i started working. lol

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Here is how we pay the bills.

• Mrs. RB40’s job

They are not retired - they are just a one income household, which is extremely common. His wife could be a doctor or something, for all we know.

He’s just doing what Turd is doing, in other words.

“lord of P”, you’re not high net worth.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

I feel like this thread has discouraged more people from taking AF seriously than the entire WC combined. They come to AF looking for enlightened discussions on financial topics from informed Charterholders and get this instead. Meanwhile, they could hang out in the WC and learn the benefits of No Fap, Oxypowder, bidets, and all while getting woke. 

Dividend Income Portfolio – Since 2010, I moved most of our after tax investment into dividend stocks. Dividend is the best passive income and it will grow as time goes by.

genius

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Wow that blog is pathetic. Makes me think about writing my own blog if someone like that can put together that digital turd and make money off it from people like Nerdy.

i think its pathetic that you think its pathetic. :). imo he is teaching people how to save for retirement, god knows many ppl esp in the us need that guidance. you must be a lil curious how these rich people became who they are today right?

with that said, im also a fan of financial samurai. i love his reviews, but i find that retireby40 guy to be more genuine

https://financialsamurai.com/the-average-net-worth-by-age-for-the-up...

About the Author: Sam began investing his own money ever since he opened an online brokerage account in 1995. Sam loved investing so much that he decided to make a career out of investing by spending the next 13 years after college working at two of the leading financial service firms in the world. During this time, Sam received his MBA from UC Berkeley with a focus on finance and real estate. He also became Series 7 and Series 63 registered. In 2012, Sam was able to retire at the age of 34 largely due to his investments that now generate roughly $200,000 a year in passive income (50% from real estate). He spends time playing tennis, hanging out with family, consulting for leading fintech companies and writing online to help others achieve financial freedom.

But hes not some out of the ordinary success story. He had a decent white collar job and just saved money instead of spending it and lived frugally. There’s no secret sauce there. And you’re right that people in the US need that guidance, but he’s not really providing any thoughtful strategies or information that can’t be found on countless other, better written blogs.

ok can we get updated net worth values for EOY

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

These blogs are basically romance novels for jaded office workers. You read it like a fantasy and say, “that could be me”. There’s room for many of these websites, based on whose writing style and situation resonates with you. A lot of that stuff they say doesn’t even make sense, but what’s important is that there is a following for such ways of thinking.

Anyway, seems like these guys are making like $60k a year on these websites? That’s not bad. I might think of doing something like this on the side - create a fake persona and sell intellectual opium to people.

- Everyone

that fs guy actually sort of reminds me of you ohai. but i doubt writing style is all there is to it. the retireby40 doesnt seem fake to me. the fs guy though is definitely suspect. wink*

I doubt that he is outright lying about anything, but I am suspicious of people who use language like “working at two of the leading financial service firms in the world”. What does this mean? Let’s say I am a teller at Chase - that would satisfy that statement. When someone uses meaningless language to try to convey substance, it usually means they could not find anything substantive to say.

It also makes me question statements like when he says he makes $100k a year on real estate. Does that include financing, maintenance, or other costs? Keep in mind that he has an interest in presenting an image of success for the sake of his blog.

The retireby40 guy does seem more genuine, even if he sounds pretty unsophisticated overall. His investment advice is identical to what my dad says. However, that probably appeals to many readers who have similar approaches to investments.

Unfortunately, I do not run any popular websites. It does seem like a good income source for the time invested though.

- Everyone