|

If Gronk had any pride left, he would retire...

Greenman72 wrote:

Ha!  When Gronk catches another 688 passes and learns how to block, let’s revisit.  

Dude.  What the hell are you talking about. 

https://profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rob-gronkowski-is-the-nfls-bes...

https://boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2015/09/30/dont-under...

I’m convinced you do not watch football games.  

king_kong wrote:

Right, because last time I checked the team that completes the most passes wins a football game, not the team that scores the most points.

Claim: The team that completes the most passes wins a football game, not the team that scores the most points.

Verdict: FALSE

It actually is the team the scores the most points.

Just because we can’t tell when twilight begins and ends doesn’t mean there isn’t day and night, and that these things aren’t important.

Man thank god we have fact check here! How else would we have figured that out on our own?!

king_kong wrote:

Man thank god we have fact check here! How else would we have figured that out on our own?!

Its actually very likely someone would have eventually figured it out either through knowledge of the game or google.

Just because we can’t tell when twilight begins and ends doesn’t mean there isn’t day and night, and that these things aren’t important.

Fact Check wrote:

Claim: The team that completes the most passes wins a football game, not the team that scores the most points.

Verdict: FALSE

It actually is the team the scores the most points.

Got a source for that, or do you expect us to take your word for it? Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Also, what kind of points? Points over their collective CoD careers? Aggregate points during high school debate competitions? American Advantage points? Sounds pretty unlikely to me. It’s probably judge decision, like on So You Think You Can Dance. Some NFL guys do that show too.

It’s whatever, just make it count.

- kDot

I take back anything I ever said about Gronk’s inability to block.  That block on Tre’Davious White was one of the best I have ever seen!  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Suspended one game.  Fair.

Wow.  Gronk really does make a difference.  Did anybody see NE’s anemic offense last night?  

In order to be fair, we don’t know how the Cowboys would fare without Witten, because he doesn’t miss games.  Ever.  (Except for the one game his rookie season when he had a broken jaw.)  

82 > 87
Simple math.

But we do know how the Cowboys fare with Witten.  And it is this:

15 years in the league, two playoff wins, zero NFC Championship appearances.

Oops, Gronk is the best.  Another #1 seed locked up.  

https://twitter.com/patriots/status/942580657028399104

Know the last time the Patriots had to play on wild card weekend?  2009.  Guess what year Gronk was drafted.  Just sayin…

Jason Witten came into this game with 12,345 yards. 

Thats approximatey how many minutes Gronk will miss over the course of a career, due to injury or suspension. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

PFF gave Gronk a 99.9 game grade last night.  I’ve never seen anything remotely that high.

Also found this gem.  A little dated but relevant for our purposes:

https://profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pff-all-decade-team

(It should be noted that while Witten played for this entire period, Gronk only played for 6 of the 10 years.)

A little bump for my Texas friend.

Rob Gronkowski earned his fourth first team all-pro selection today.  Sample size: 8 years.  Healthy for arguably five seasons.

For comparison Jason Witten has earned a measly two. Sample size: 15 years.  Healthy every season.

More fun!

Since 2010 when Gronk was drafted, the Patriots are 102-26 (.797) with a +1,366 point differential, effectively lapping the next closest team (Seahawks).

https://pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request...

ltj wrote:

A little bump for my Texas friend.

Rob Gronkowski earned his fourth first team all-pro selection today.  Sample size: 8 years.  Healthy for arguably five seasons.

For comparison Jason Witten has earned a measly two. Sample size: 15 years.  Healthy every season.

Gronk is still top 2 but this is BS. Kelce has surpassed Gronk as the best TE playing currently. 

Well that’s a silly thing to say.  But I suppose you’re in good company here.

I noticed something odd on Jason Witten’s jersey this year.  I noticed that it looked a lot like the Walter Payton “Man of the Year” award.  

I didn’t see one on Gronk’s jersey, though.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

 1 person

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

i’m not hes good, i just don’t like the cowboys in general it sucks that i had Jason witten but he’s a good te so i needed one yes

Greenman72 wrote:

I noticed something odd on Jason Witten’s jersey this year.  I noticed that it looked a lot like the Walter Payton “Man of the Year” award.  

I didn’t see one on Gronk’s jersey, though.  

Your argument has crumbled so hard you’re now resorting to off the field awards given for charity work?

I am without speech, sir.

yeah neither wise nor smart thing to do - diverting and creating new arguments and data mining in order to desperately stay relevant in the losing or lost debate…..But happens quite a bit in a forum with so many experts - prime example being AF.  The real winner and truly the smarter person will stay speechless in this case because deep inside everyone - at least most people - knows who is winning and losing in the said debate/argument. 

Not saying or pointing at anyone specific per se…

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

Gronk: 6 for 81 and a touchdown

What time is Witten’s game?  

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/952573991188815874

Gronk burying DLinemen in the run game. Could retire today and still be the best TE in league history by a sizable margin. (He’s 28)

And from the video, “best blocking tight end we’ve seen in a long, long time, maybe since Bavarro”

This is just one game. 

Yeah, for one game, I’d take Gronk over any TE in history—period. 

And you keep saying “look at the difference Gronk makes. When he plays, the Patriots are great!!!”  

Newsflash - The Pats are great anyway.  How did they do last postseason without Gronk?  

82 > 87
Simple math.

His contributions during the regular season matter too. I know the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs often but how you do in the regular season sets up your playoff seeding.  So yeah he didn’t play in the playoffs last year but they got the 1 seed, a matchup versus the Texans the ability to host the Steelers in part because of his play.  

Brady’s splits with him in and out are markedly different.  

That wasn’t the only point I made btw.  Earlier you said he couldn’t block and that is like, the very definition of fake news.  

Out of curiosity - who wrote that article?  Some body on the New England staff?  

82 > 87
Simple math.

For one game - Gronk

For one season - That’s tough, because you don’t know how many games Gronk is going to play.  He’s just as likely to play 8 games as 16, and some of those games may be in the postseason  

For a career - Witten.  He’s reliable.  Not only can you count on him suiting up, but he will DO HIS JOB consistently well, every snap.

i would take any of Igor’s guys over Gronk for a career  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Greenman72 wrote:

For one game - Gronk

For one season - That’s tough, because you don’t know how many games Gronk is going to play.  He’s just as likely to play 8 games as 16, and some of those games may be in the postseason  

For a career - Witten.  He’s reliable.  Not only can you count on him suiting up, but he will DO HIS JOB consistently well, every snap.

i would take any of Igor’s guys over Gronk for a career  

This type of jersey filling celebration of 9-5 mediocrity is why the well intentioned simpletons in Dallas have won fewer playoff games than the Patriots have Super Bowls since they drafted Gronk.  Generally epitomized by Greenie marveling at Witten’s Walter Payton Participation Ribbon and anybody that takes personal pride in their state’s land area.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Greenman72 wrote:

Out of curiosity - who wrote that article?  Some body on the New England staff?  

Lol.  No he is a writer for Rotoworld who breaks down league wide game matchups every week.  Gronk being the best TE is a pretty common nationwide opinion among pundits.  

Greenman72 wrote:

For one season - That’s tough, because you don’t know how many games Gronk is going to play.  He’s just as likely to play 8 games as 16, and some of those games may be in the postseason  

He’s played in 102 of 128 regular season games.  That’s an 80% clip, but sure.  

Quote:
For a career - Witten.  He’s reliable.  Not only can you count on him suiting up, but he will DO HIS JOB consistently well, every snap.

You’re not wrong about what Witten brings to the table.  He’s a hell of a player.  What we’re trying to tell you is that if you asked 32 GM’s who they’d rather have for a career, Witten or Gronk, all 32 would choose Gronk.  No one would even hesitate.  

Quote:
i would take any of Igor’s guys over Gronk for a career

Fine.  Gronk is 28 years old, lol.