|

Yo Birdman! Let's Debate Open Mindedness

Yayyywork wrote:

i did not learn this from CNN - i learned this through living in the world and seeing how religion is used to control peoples actions on possibly the largest historical scale ever.

This is liberal propaganda, repeated over and over again. “Religion is responsible for more death than any other bla bla bla.” 

I thought that, until I questioned it, and realized it was wrong. Again, open-mindedness. Liberals fail to take [positive - negative = net] they just mention all the bad parts of religion.

Yayyywork wrote:
corporatists controlling how you live, religious leaders controlling how you live… whats the difference? You’re being controlled either way.

And finally we get to the point! The difference is that Christianity (or Confucianism here in Asia) has survived 2000 years, and thus proven itself to have utility (nature weeds out what doesn’t work). Some of it is factually untrue, but it makes their lives better, thru passing down time-tested wisdom…things that work. Corporatism is collapsing after just 50 years. Your prized postmodernist is collapsing after just 25 years.

The masses need some “controlling” guide-book for life. There is no other way. It’s better Christianity, than CNN (this is why the left hates religion). A lack of belief is not an option, “bla bla science or whatever” is not a guide for how to live your life (Dawkins is wrong). That was my big realization; time-tested religions are the best of the available options. 

PA is def the most woke.

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

All your points still just all come back to confirmation bias of your initial beliefs anyway. You changed your opinion on religion because it was presented in a way that aligns with your existing political beliefs (nativism/traditional family etc etc). This is then taken and used by the bannons/trumps of the world for their own personal gain.

Then religion is politicized and sold extremly to evangelicals and these false beliefs (our opinion) become law which is absolutely ridiculous. I dont care if you want to believe in a god, i do care if that belief in god imposes on my life. Oh youre using some book from hundreds of years after jesus was alive written by the elite of their time to justify hating homosexuals and banning vacuuming a cluster of cells & using those cells to progress science and improve lives?

Religion had a use when most people were illiterate and too stupid to do anything but crap and die. Now information is available en masse and you can construct a society and inform people about how to reside in it without needing religion. Its an antiquated means of control that worked when people took dumps in holes on the street. Again, I have no problem with people having religion personally, thats your choice and im more than happy to wish you a happy Christmas/Hanukah etc etc. Would I say religion had a net benefit for people? Yes. Does that mean going forward it is the best way to go? No. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Yayyywork wrote:

 vacuuming a cluster of cells & using those cells to progress science and improve lives?

you’re part of an anti-logic cult also and you’re blind to it.  Here are some nice pictures of aborted “clusters of cells”.  Enjoy!

https://pinterest.com/gordon3550/abortion-pictures/

More Here:  the ones at 22 - 24 weeks should help you sleep at night as a good liberal

https://abortionno.org/abortion-photos/nggallery/page/3

In nearly half U.S. states, this cluster of cells can legally be aborted:

//lifenews.com/2015/04/02/baby-born-at-23-weeks-doing-well-after-parents-post-photo-to-stop-late-term-abortions/

When you get right down to it, the driving force behind this evil is a literal anti-human, death worshipping satanic cult.  Sorry but it’s the truth.  Those aborted baby parts are worth a lot on the black market.  Any idea what they’re used for? enlightened

as lovely as that picture is, and i cant go to pinetrest at work. Im certainly not opposed to limits on abortion and am open to discussion about what those limits would be - i tend to agree with the medical community use of viability but if people want to slide it forward a bit im fine with that. Not ok with an outright ban.

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Charlie Work wrote:

When you get right down to it, the driving force behind this evil is a literal anti-human, death worshipping satanic cult.  Sorry but it’s the truth.  Those aborted baby parts are worth a lot on the black market.  Any idea what they’re used for? enlightened

medical research to advance our ability to cure/treat diseases we currently can not? or will large aliens snort it as an aphrodisiac like human horn.

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Yayywork, it may be more productive to not try to argue with him on things which his minds already made up, and to focus on methods for validating ideas.

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

i just like to screw with him - its friday& its snowing in nyc. Fun day all around

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

I wish it was snowing in boston…

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

sunny in cali. heading to vegassss thougghhhh. 

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

sunny in cali. heading to vegassss thougghhhh. 

cant wait to hear what ridiculous story comes out of this trip

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Yayyywork wrote:
All your points still just all come back to confirmation bias of your initial beliefs anyway. You changed your opinion on religion because it was presented in a way that aligns with your existing political beliefs (nativism/traditional family etc etc).

Wrong, changed my mind because it was logically presented, testable, and fit the observations. And, my “existing political beliefs” have also changed over time, they are not fixed, they were not what they are. You are just a closed-minded person who thinks everyone else is biased, because you are biased. 

Yayyywork wrote:
Religion had a use when most people were illiterate and too stupid to do anything but crap and die. Now information is available en masse and you can construct a society and inform people about how to reside in it without needing religion.

WRONG! Proven by the fact that liberalism, which claimed this, discarded all the old beliefs, and then became a religious cult! LMFAO. laugh

And so the experiment was already conducted, and the results are in. Why did this happen? Why after the enlightenment, did humans arc back around to the counter-enlightenment subjectivism of postmodernism? Because, humans are genetically religious, this is the part that Dawkins-type thinkers missed.

Yayyywork wrote:
Then religion is politicized and sold extremly to evangelicals and these false beliefs become law which is absolutely ridiculous.

Same as how the cult of postmodernism are writing their false beliefs into law, and working around the law via corporate-media/tech. Again the difference being that: ideologies that have survived thousands of years are passed down wisdom and at least have some utility.

Yeah let us debate open mindedness.

Just don’t use the following words please.

https://washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-...

The GOP is not even trying to hide the fact that they’re some super weirdo cult.

Yayyywork wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

When you get right down to it, the driving force behind this evil is a literal anti-human, death worshipping satanic cult.  Sorry but it’s the truth.  Those aborted baby parts are worth a lot on the black market.  Any idea what they’re used for? enlightened

medical research to advance our ability to cure/treat diseases we currently can not? or will large aliens snort it as an aphrodisiac like human horn.

Futurama quote? Respect

ltj wrote:

https://washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-...

The GOP is not even trying to hide the fact that they’re some super weirdo cult.

You just tried to give evidence of cult-like behavior, by posting “proof,” from a corporate radical-leftist cult. Jeff Bezos, pushing a corporate coup, while having byline “Democracy Dies in Darkness”. HA, that’s some honesty, they aren’t even trying to hid the fact that they’re some super weirdo cult. 

Again, all groups of humans are essentially cults (defined below). All that matters is utility. Christianity and Confucianism are two cults that are proven to work; as they gave birth to successful societies in the East/West. Marxism and postmodernism have never worked, because they are not feasible. Check mate, not all cults are created equal!

cult: a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object