Star Wars - The Last Jedi (spoilers ahead)
Everybody - if you’re going to post something with spoilers, please let everybody know.
Some random thoughts….
MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD
I watched it last night. I was….intrigued by it.
It definitely has all the physical elements of a Star Wars movie - AT-ATs, lightsabers, Star Destroyers, etc. But the interaction between the characters and the overall “tone” of the movie is a sharp departure from what I expected to see. Basically, it seems like the franchise is getting somewhat of a reboot. Rather than having classic “good guy vs. bad guy” or “dark vs. light”, there are a lot of shades of grey in the new movie.
They used a lot more CGI in this movie too, which I thought was a bad thing.
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD
1. Since Carrie Fisher died after filming was complete, I found it odd that they didn’t use that as an excuse to kill off Princess Leia. Now that Luke and Han are both dead, she’s the only hero left.
2. Leia being able to magically propel herself through space and back to the spaceship (even though everybody else was either vaporized or sucked out and thrown into the cold, dark expanse of space) was really dumb. She’s not a Jedi. And even Jedi don’t have that power.
3. The whole casino “find the codebreaker” thing was overkill. I think it complicated an already complex story. I guess there’s supposed to be a budding romance or love triangle between Rose, Finn, and Rey. But I thought that Rose’s character lacked a lot of depth. And I’m not sure what Finn is doing at all. Is he a hero? A coward? Here to save the day? Maybe that’s the point they’re trying to make.
4. I am kinda glad to know that Rey isn’t a Palpatine, a Kenobi, or a Skywalker. Much like the Bushes, Clintons, and Kennedys, the Star War
5. I know it’s hard to come back from being bisected, but does anybody think that Snoke is really dead for good? And the fact that he has such a small part, and then dies….is that good or bad?
6. The kiss that Rose gave to Finn was really dumb.
82 > 87